These layers show the boundaries of Massachusetts' Counties and was derived from the Community boundaries layer
|Download these layers|
MassGIS derived the boundaries of the 14 counties in Massachusetts from the community boundaries layers. Datasets include:
- COUNTIESSURVEY_POLYM - multi-part polygons, with one feature per county, created from the Community Boundaries (Towns) from Survey Points polygons.
- COUNTIESSURVEY_ARC - line features, created from the Community Boundaries (Towns) from Survey Points arcs.
- COUNTIES_POLY - contains the 1:100,000 coastline (from the TOWNS coverage); single-part polygons, with each county comprising one or more features.
- COUNTIES_POLYM - multi-part polygons, with one feature per county, created from the Community Boundaries (Towns) multi-part polygon layer; contains the 1:100,000 coastline.
- COUNTIES_ARC - line features, created from the Community Boundaries (Towns) arcs; contains the 1:100,000 coastline.
- COUNTYNC_POLY - contains the full municipal boundaries extending offshore, created from the Community Boundaries (Towns) Without Coast layer.
For locations of the counties please see the Counties Index Map .
ProductionUsing ArcInfo, the community boundaries layers as listed above were dissolved based on the FIPS_STCO field. Polygons were converted to linear features and coded for OUTLINE as described below in the Attributes section.
AttributesThe polygon layers contain these fields:
|FIPS_ID||Federal Information Processing Standard state/county code|
|POPCH80_90||1980-1990 Population Change|
|POPCH90_00||1990-2000 Population Change|
|POPCH00_10||2000-2010 Population Change|
|SQ_MILES||Area in square miles|
|SQ_KM||Area in square kilometers|
MaintenanceMassGIS is maintaining these layers.
Last Updated 11/20/2014
|Modified Date|| |
|Release Date|| |
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|| |
|Contact Name|| |
|Public Access Level|| |
|Data Quality|| |
English (United States)