These layers show the boundaries of Massachusetts' Counties and was derived from the Community boundaries layer
|Download these layers|
MassGIS derived the boundaries of the 14 counties in Massachusetts from the community boundaries layers. Datasets include:
- COUNTIESSURVEY_POLYM - multi-part polygons, with one feature per county, created from the Community Boundaries (Towns) from Survey Points polygons.
- COUNTIESSURVEY_ARC - line features, created from the Community Boundaries (Towns) from Survey Points arcs.
- COUNTIES_POLY - contains the 1:100,000 coastline (from the TOWNS coverage); single-part polygons, with each county comprising one or more features.
- COUNTIES_POLYM - multi-part polygons, with one feature per county, created from the Community Boundaries (Towns) multi-part polygon layer; contains the 1:100,000 coastline.
- COUNTIES_ARC - line features, created from the Community Boundaries (Towns) arcs; contains the 1:100,000 coastline.
- COUNTYNC_POLY - contains the full municipal boundaries extending offshore, created from the Community Boundaries (Towns) Without Coast layer.
For locations of the counties please see the Counties Index Map
ProductionUsing ArcInfo, the community boundaries layers as listed above were dissolved based on the FIPS_STCO field. Polygons were converted to linear features and coded for OUTLINE as described below in the Attributes section.
AttributesThe polygon layers contain these fields:
|FIPS_ID||Federal Information Processing Standard state/county code|
|POPCH80_90||1980-1990 Population Change|
|POPCH90_00||1990-2000 Population Change|
|POPCH00_10||2000-2010 Population Change|
|SQ_MILES||Area in square miles|
|SQ_KM||Area in square kilometers|
MaintenanceMassGIS is maintaining these layers.
Last Updated 11/20/2014
|Modified Date|| |
|Release Date|| |
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|| |
|Contact Name|| |
|Public Access Level|| |
|Data Quality|| |
English (United States)